Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Years Resolution!



















This morning I laid in bed thinking how much I wanted to re-unite with that thing. What's it called? Oh right, "life". And when I do, it'll probably be awkward since it's been so long since we've hung out. This semester is going to be different though. I am going to make our relationship work!

The last quarter of my classroom training in pre-clerkship (i.e. before hospital wards) begins tomorrow. The routine begins again - start of semester and RF is happy-go-lucky. Things are looking rosy for him. He enters the boxing ring to fight off the contenders. Standing at the other corner - early mornings, late nights, condescending teachers, arrogant peers, super keeners, ladadadada. All good until BAM! K.O. as exams enter. Before the unavoidable K.O. though, I'm going to make this relationship with life work out. I refuse to let medicine consume my life.

"So, RF, what are you going to do?" you ask. This is where resolution edition 2011 comes in: I'm going to go out of my way to pick up "destressing hobbies" and avoid burnout (aside: according to several tests, I am at "very severe risk or burnout"). And along the way, I'm going to blog about it to make sure I stick to them. It'll be kinda like a fat camp diary - except instead of shedding the chunk, I'm shedding the stress. Feel free to throw random suggestions for stress reduction my way! I'll definitely try them if they don't involve harming little puppies.

2 comments:

  1. this makes me sad knowing you have no life. who is this RF?! i don't know this side of him =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I barely know him. It's tough giving up free time, but I'm trying my best to stay afloat. Makes me want to just wander down the block and hit up our old stomping grounds!

    ReplyDelete